Ideal for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Nice and warming with a touch of curry spice.
If prepared with vegetable stock it will be Suitable
2 pounds ( 900g ) of pumpkin flesh, cut into
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 flat teaspoon of curry powder, mild or medium strength
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground pepper
3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- boil the pumpkin cubes and the bay leaf in
some water until nearly tender
- sweat the chopped onion in the oil until
- add the crushed garlic, trying not to burn
- mix in the curry spice and stir
- pour the cooked pumpkin into the mixture
- add potato cubes, stock and salt and
pepper, simmer until cooked
- blend to a creamy consistency
- serve with crusty rolls, delicious.